Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentine's Day

I love love. I write about love, I dream about love and I feel love in my life. So why is it when February rolls around and we have a day that celebrates love that I can't help but feel a little sad that I'm not in love. It isn't like I don't have a fulfilling life. I have a great job, good friends, terrific family and a really nice place to live. My friends and I have made plans to make Feb 14 be a great day. We are having a girls day at the spa and then watching some fun movies. Feb 13, My Stacie, Marie and Josie are spending the night. They have been planning it for quite some time. It will be good.

My friend Sandy just got engaged. She was my roommate while I was in a singles ward. I'm truly happy for her. She has waited a long time to find someone. I guess there are all kinds of love. For instance, I love my dog. She is darling and the best dog I know ... no offense Charlie, Zoe, Molly, Lucky, Taser, Togo etc. etc. etc..

I have great examples of love in my life too. My Mom and Dad have been married for soon to be 50 years. They are still happy and really enjoy being together. All of my siblings have found great people to love and they have also been married for a long time.

Even my some of my nieces and nephews have met and married wonderful people. The one thing they all have in common is that they have met and married their spouses at the right time. I just have to remember that when it is time I will be in love also. I have to be honest. I'm looking forward to that day.

Love you everyone! Happy Valentines Day.

4 comments:

Ralph & Debbie said...

Do you remmeber that talk you gave jay once, oh when was it, just before we moved here so im guessing in 2005. You came to dinner and jay was feeling just like this because all his friends and people he knew on his mission were married. He felt he had been missed somehow. It really helped him and helped him stop worrying about it and guess what, once he stopped worrying about it he met Emmalee who is just perfect for him. Same with Lee and with Paul, things came a little later then they all expected. Even i have a story to tell, lol of how things come at a different time then expected. Love can come at different times, some for people that are very young and for others when there older. I feel sure your time will come and it will be so much more rewarding for you when it does for having to have waited. My parents also just had there 52 anniversary this past monday and we have the cutest couple that come into my work that are in there 90 and have been married for over 70 years. There what love is all about. Sounds like you have a much more fun day then most married couples. lol. Tho i must admit Ralph is very good at having three dozen roses or gold cased roses delivered to me at work on that day. (at least he has in the past, lol) But have a wonderful day, you know there are many of us that love you and like you said you are surrounded by love in a different way. Oh how cute you remembered so many of the dogs names, lol, tho abby is sad, (just kiddn). I guess togo is harder to forget once you meet him. lol.
Have a wonderful day.

Paul said...

Not to skip over your feelings in your post, but when is your parents 50th anniversary? Soon? We probably need to do something for that. Don't we? That is huge!

Appreciated your other words. Enjoy your day at the spa! Although I do have the love of my life, we won't be doing anything fun like going to a spa!

Thelissa

The Napiers said...

I really love this post!! Truly... I love it!!

Kierstan said...

I hope you find the kind of love your talking about Connie, but just so you know...me and my girls LOVE YOU!!!