Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm Committed

Last Sunday a speaker in my parents ward told a story that really stuck with me about a two men. I'm changing the story to suit my end and because I can't remember it word for word, onlyt the jist of it. One man asked the other man how he became so successful. The other man told him that if he really wanted to know he would show him. The 1st man agreed. The 2nd man took him to a trough of water and plunged his head in the water holding him there. After a few seconds he pulled his head out of the water. The 1st man gasped for breath but before he could say anything the man plunged his head in the water again holding him down even longer. After bringing him out of the water for the 2nd time the 1st man was able to gasp out, 'what are you doing? Trying to kill me?' before the 2nd man plunged his head in the water for the 3rd time. He kept him down there longer than the previous two times. Finally, pulling his head out of the water he let the 1st man catch his breath. Angry the man asked him why he did that to him. The 2nd man replied, "when you want to be successful as much as you wanted to breathe, you will accomplish your goals." This really hit me as profound. I am using this story as motivation and the 1st goal I am committing to is to lose 40 lbs by July. Normally this may seem like too much but I know I can do it. I will be reporting my progress to all of you. (if anyone is still reading this blog.) Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Tamilisa said...

I'm reading your blog still. I'm tempted to make a commitment with you. Give me a day or two and I will set a goal too. Its' hard though because sometimes I think I need chocolate more than I need to breath!

And this is Thelissa posting, BTW.

Ralph & Debbie said...

I have that too, the choc more then i need to breath problem.