Monday, February 4, 2008

Wicked

So, my friend gave me the soundtrack to the musical Wicked. I think I am truly obsessed. I really need to see it and I have heard that it may be coming to SLC. I really hope so. I am looking for others who suffer from this. So if you are a Wicked fan and know when or if the musical is coming here, please respond.

I love music so much. Music makes me happy when nothing else does. If I am feeling down, I can hum a tune and pretty soon I am not down anymore. There is a song by Trisha Yearwood called 'The song remembers when" and I really relate to the words. It talks about when a song comes on the radio you remember where you were when you first heard the song or if the song brings back a specific memory. I can think of so many songs that bring back memories for me. Sawyer Brown's ' The race is on' reminds me of the state fair. Monique Hyde and I attended the concerts there for two or three years in a row all because of that song. The Christmas song 'Silver Bells' reminds me of doing dishes with my Mom and Sisters when I was younger. 'No one is to blame' by Howard Jones will always remind me of drive by's to Mat Henings house when I was in High School because my friend thought he was cute. I laugh about that now because we could be accused of stalking today. There are so many songs that do that for me.

I just felt like writing about music today. There are several church songs that I have special memories from too. I am just thankful for music today.

3 comments:

Carole Powell said...

Ohhh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wicked!! I've had the CD for a few years now and know all words by heart. If you ever need a singing companion I'm available! I also have the book if you want to read it.

I have to tell you a funny story. When Lee and I started dating I had Wicked going in my car at all times and would make him and Jay listen to it if I was driving. Well Jay would go out with us all the time so he became very familiar with it. When he was on one of his first dates with Emmalee she had Wicked playing when he came over. He asked 'Is that Wicked?' and Emmalee was really impressed that he knew that. I like to claim that I'm the glue that brought them together. Without knowing Wicked who knows if Jay would have held onto Emmalee :)

Thelissa said...

Wow, you've posted a lot lately. I admit I quit checking. As for "Wicked" it is a favorite for my family, mom and sister, anyway. I have never seen it. They love it. My sister drove to California just for that last summer. Loved it!

Ralph & Debbie said...

Well Lucy was the lucky one in the family because she saw wicked in new york with her dance studio in oce 2006. Local motion took the girls there for a week for dance camp. Let us know if you hear its comming, im sure carole and emmalee and i would love to go.