Monday, August 18, 2008

Oh My Gosh....she's alive

LOL! It has been a really long time since I posted anything. I don't know where time has gone. I've been sitting on my Olympic butt watching the Olympics. I have truly loved it! I wish they came along 1x per year instead of every 2 years. I can't talk about the Olympics and not talk about Michael Phelps. I was cheering for him like I was actually in the crowd in Beijing. I was out of my seat yelling go! Go! GO! And he Went! Woo Hoo! A friend at work and I were discussing how funny it is that several of the sports at the Olympics we wouldn't watch on a normal basis but for some reason if it is the Olympics we can't pull ourselves away. I just love seeing these athletes give their all. It is inspiring. I watched the interview with Michael and his mother. I was so impressed with him and her. He has been swimming since he was 7 and really committed from the age of 11. The interviewer asked him about being teased when he was younger. He indicated that he was teased by several kids but he felt that it just made him stronger and more focused. He said it helps him identify those people who are true friends and those who are just jumping on the bandwagon. His mother is an amazing person as well. I really enjoyed listening to it.

As I talk about him discuss true friends I can't help but reflect on my friends. I feel lucky to have family that I call my friends and I feel lucky to have a Leslie. You can never tell what life has to hold but I am terribly thankful for the blessings that Heavenly Father has given me in my life.

I'm excited to attend the temple this week to see my Emily and Kirt and their two beautiful boys be sealed together as a family. What a blessing the temple is. I am truly thankful for my testimony of the Gospel. I know that our Heavenly father dwells in the temple and it is his house. I love the feeling of peace that I feel when I enter there. It is amazing that because of the ordinances performed in his house we can be forever families among other things. I truly know the church is true and the things we are commanded to do bring us closer to our Heavenly Father. Thank you to my parents, both heavenly and earthly, for teaching me these beautiful truths.

5 comments:

Ralph & Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thelissa said...

Whoa...I don't even know what to say. I'm stunned at your decision to post. :) We love the Olympics too.

Natsreik said...

haha poor Jenny. She didn't get to see the lovely Michael Phelps. :P and I agree with you. It's way much funner to watch the Olympics than those sports if they weren't the Olympics.

The Moody's said...

Connie Powell...you are a neat lady!!

MissGlimpseBlogSpot said...

HI Connie! I was excited to see your blog on Crystals blog:) We need to come play with your fireplace again:) Love ya!